Friday 2 November 2012

Contruction begins

The first thing I did was to build the 'outer shell' of the cupboard. It's the heaviest section, taking all of the huge, heavy panels (expect the doors at this stage). That was pretty easy.
If I ever need to disassemble the darkroom, this shell is not coming apart. Glued, and then predrilled-and-screwed it's very solid.

After a while, I made a second section: the shelf thing under the desk on the right hand side. Perhaps one day I'll make it into the drawer unit it was designed to be; but I thought having drawers wasn't essential at this point. Here, I've thrown the bench panel on top just for fun, and put both in the shell:

ITS LOOKING SOO GOOOD!
At this point, I'm starting to realise that it actually might work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment