Tuesday 10 July 2012

The wood arrived

today! I love progress, especially when you can see it :p








I've been labeling each piece with its' dimensions (and an alphabetical letter) to help determine which piece goes where according to my sketchup design.
I also got lots of offcuts to play with, which will doubtless come in handy for the little extra bits I might make, such as a light box and an open-door lock.

Overall, the cost of this wood was about $300. Plywood was 2.5 times the cost, and it had warpage.
Not the characteristics one looks for when trying to make an accurately designed thing.

Although the MDF was heavier and has a tendency to expand on contact with water (which I'm going to adress by drowning it in 'outdoor' paint), it's the best compromise.

More to come soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment