Friday 21 December 2012

and now!

It's been several weeks since my last update. However, there has been considerable progress in that time.

First off, the essential painting is done. DONE! The inside is now completely smothered in an oil-based enamel that is so water resistant spills just bead up on its surface. After fretting about the sponge-like qualities of MDF and water, this is an absolute joy. for me, at least.
Later on, I might get some more paint and work on the inside of it. For now though, there are other priorities.

The biggest of those is to get the darkroom dark. This is accomplished by a lightproof cloth/material draped about the entrance. It'd be easier to explain with photos, however my camera is somewhere else and I can't be bothered to get it and take snapshots that embarras my photographic ego in terms of their horrendousness.
Every cloth I've tested so far (by putting the flashlight of by iphone on one side of the fabric and looking through) has had pinholes of light coming through, which in unacceptable, especially when compared with the impeccable opacity of my changing bag. Which I hate. An idea I've had is to get some black plastic from a gardening shop and use that. It should work quite well, however rips could be an issue.

Back soon. I've ordered colour film developing chemicals and equipment, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment